Well, I wouldn't really call it a sickness or an addiction, more like an extreme admiration for something that normal people wouldn't enjoy as much as I do. If you heard what I am referring to, you would probably react with raised eyebrows or a look of disdain. Others have been bold enough to call me obsessed; others just call me ridiculous. However true those terms may be, I care to view it as a caring enthusiast. What enthusiasm could I possibly mean? What admiration could lead me to write an entire blog post on it alone? Well, my dear friends, I am going to tell you.
I am crazy about a show. It involves 6 wildly unique people who have strangely enough become very close friends to me too. As crazy as you may take me for, I admit with pride that I am crazy about .........
Yes, you read that correctly. I love the show Friends. If you talk to anybody in my family or close friend group they would easily tell you that Friends is my favorite show. If I have time to kill, you can find me cuddled up in my room watching Friends. I even admit proudly (whether you believe this to be something worth being proud of or not) that I have watched the entire show, a whopping 10 Seasons, 3 times all the way through and am currently re-watching all of them.
For Christmas last year, my brother law took the time to draw the Central Perk sign, perfectly I might add, and put it in a nice frame for me to hang in my bedroom. I kid you not. His amazing artistry brought to life one of the most important parts of the entire show.
Isn't that incredible? Shout out to you, Chris. You are one heck of an artist.
Monica, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Joey, and Phoebe seriously crack me up so much. No matter how many times I have watched that show, no matter how many repeats of the same episodes, I still laugh just as hard as I did the first time.
I can relate to Monica because she is neat and clean. Of course I am not as insane as she is about, say, bread crumbs on the floor or having everything on my desk perpendicular, but I sure am more neat then I am messy. I don't like functioning in a messy world.
I can relate to Ross in that....... I can't really. Haha I will have to admit that Ross is probably my least favorite character. OH WAIT! I think dinosaurs are pretty cool. There you go. I did it. I found some way to relate to Ross. Cool!
Chandler's sarcastic comments are followed a constant snort of chuckle. He is hilarious. I can relate to Chandler in that his hilarious "Chandler dance" is something I have practiced many a time and I also enjoy dancing when something awesome happens just like he does. I do enjoy being sarcastic as well, but it is never to the degree he does it. He does have some wit in him though. And his name is cool. Enough said.
Rachel and I are the same in that we are both hopeless romantics. She is all about the connection and romance and so am I. I think that can be safe for all women. True dat.
Joey seriously cracks me up with how naive and rather ignorant he is. Compared to your average person I can seem a little naive and ignorant. My family can attest to that. I am okay with this, because it hasn't done me any harm in my 21 years. So, there. He takes a little longer to catch on to things, and let's be honest, who doesn't do that every once in a while. His spunk is laughable and I love watching him on the show.
Phoebe is such an off the wall person I almost don't even know where to start with her. She has the weirdest comments and the craziest outfits. I love them! I think someone compared me most to Phoebe when I asked them which character they could see me portraying the best. Not sure if that is a compliment or not. Phoebe is great. I get a kick out of her! She is passionate about the silliest things, but no matter what she sticks up for what she thinks. Although she is flaky, she adds such a hysteric to the show. Gotta love you some Pheebs.
Often times my good buddy will ask me what I'm up to, and without fail I will give him one guess and he just knows that I am watching my show. He calls it pathetic, but I don't care. That show is my happy place. Granted I have more happy places.... but that just happens to be one of them.
Many a time I have heard others tell me, "Try watching 'this show' or next time start 'so and so'" Do I listen to them ever? No. Because I am content with my same, hilarious, amazing, continuously enthralling show of Friends. I'm not one to easily change my "Friend" circle, if you know what I mean. :)
My parents even got me a Central Perk mug like they use in the show. Coolest birthday present ever! I am secretly hoping for my 21st birthday coming up in a few days that I will have a Friend's themed birthday cake. *wink wink nudge nudge family members who are reading this* I happened upon a Central Perk themed birthday cake and thought it was the coolest thing ever. That would be amazing. Just saying.
Needless to say, I enjoy this show a fair amount. ;) People would call me crazy. Even insane. Obsessive even, but oh no. I am simply a girl with good taste in some great humor, good friendship, and a some non stoppable laughs. You are welcome to call me obsessive. I don't care. Thanks for bearing with me on this. And also, you're welcome. :D
Keep calm and go watch Friends!!!!!!!


I would keep calm and watch Friends...but you haven't brought over the next season yet!!!
ReplyDeleteI will bring it today!
ReplyDelete