Sunday, February 2, 2014

First Time Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle, Aunt and more!

The month of January was full of firsts for so many people in my family!

I have some of the coolest news ever. As of January 24th at 11:08 pm, I became a first time Aunt. My sister finally had her precious baby boy. We were all anxiously awaiting the arrival. After some minor complications baby boy was born and we were beyond excited. You can never fully understand the feeling of becoming an Aunt until it actually happens to you. I was excited when I first found out I would be an Aunt, but that actual moment when it becomes real.... there isn't anything like it, I'll tell ya. It's a mixture of anxiety, excitement, nervousness, happy tears, and an entirely new outlook on life and preciousness of it.

What a great moment in anyone's life. At that particular moment in time, the lives of everybody in my family would never be the same. At 11:08 pm, in that little hospital room, my sister became a mother, her husband became a father, my parents became grandparents, my brothers became Uncles, and I became an Aunt. It's amazing how something can change your life in the matter of an instant. Those moments are the best! And definitely my favorite.

I wrote down some of my thoughts the next day after Baby Boy was born. Here are excerpts from my journal: (New mom hasn't blogged about the experience yet, so I won't reveal Baby Boy's name.)

Saturday, January 25th

"Happy day, happy day! Guess who was born last night at 11:08 pm??? Baby boy!!! He is finally here and doing wonderfully. The family was up until one in the morning waiting on the news from Mom, who was at the hospital during Bergen's entire labor session, so we had to wait until today to go visit them.

Baby boy was born 7lbs 10 oz and 21 inches long. Last night after he was born New Dad sent us a few pictures and they made me tear up a bit. He looked so cute, perfect, and beautiful. Never have you seen anything so precious. I couldn't wait to see him and hold him and love him. It was so rough having to wait until today to officially meet my nephew, but it was worth the wait.

Bergen looked great when we saw her today. Super tired, of course, but pretty darn put together for just having a baby the night before. Chris is already an adorable father. He was kissing his face and calling baby boy buddy and holding him close. Coolest thing to witness!

Upon walking in their hospital room I took one look at baby boy and immediately started to cry. He was perfectly swaddled and wrapped up nice and warm. Everyone took a while to hold him. He was very awake and alert when we first go there. He would look at you and observe everything around him that he could. He makes the cutest little scowls and duck lips! He was making all sorts of faces. So adorable. He is such a handsome boy too. I think he has a good mixture of both mom and dad, but seriously the cutest baby ever. He was so calm the entire time we were there too. He didn't cry or fuss once! So cool! On my goodness I love him so much. Mom, Dad, and I stayed for two and half hours talking with Berg, taking pictures, holding Baby Boy and loving every minute of it.

We all need to get used to holding babies again, because goodness it makes the muscles in your arm hurt big time! Hoofta!

My goodness baby boy is such a perfect little baby. I could have stayed there to look at him forever. Mom and I held him an traded back and forth the entire hospital visit. Baby boy was really sensitive to the light when he was awake briefly, so when we kept taking pictures the flash would go off and he would squirm and wiggle around a bit. So adorable! I can't get enough.

Berg is going to be a wonderful mother. I'm so beyond excited for the new addition to our family. He is wonderful and beautiful and I'm tickled pink to be his Aunt. I'm going to love him so much!

Seriously, best day ever! 

Welcome to the world, Baby Boy! It is already better because you are in it. Love, Aunt Karly. (WAHOOO!)

Journal Entry for Friday January 31st:

"Tonight I spent the evening with Baby Boy and Bergen. I held him while Bergen ate and held him for a good few hours after that. He was giving me the cutest little scowl when he was awake. That only lasted a few minutes, but that is to be expected with newborns. He furrowed his brow at me and seemed to say, "Who in the world are you and why are you holding me and where is my mother?" Haha! It made me chuckle. It was just fun to see his little eyes open and looking straight up at me. Those moments fly by so quickly, but when they happen they are some of the most precious moments you can experience, save only your own baby staring up at you, of course. Sometimes when he is stretching in his sleep he gets these little tiny forehead wrinkles. So cute to watch! If you lightly brush up his cheek he will give you a little baby smirk. Most likely from the sensation of being touched. It makes me smile. I love it when he will smile in his sleep too. It makes me smile even bigger then he does. He's having sweet baby dreams or dealing with some intense baby gas. :) Either way I love it.

Bergen says how boring her house is, because she is just taking care of Baby Boy and watching movies, but I never think it's boring. I wouldn't stay if I thought it was boring. Heck, I wouldn't even come over if I didn't enjoy it. Even sitting with her while she feeds him and watching him fall asleep in her arms is equally as enjoyable and precious. She'll talk to him nonstop and I like watching her in the mother role. She's a natural.

I'll be lucky if I am half as ready for my first baby as she was before Baby Boy was born.

By the way, he is 1 week old already. Crazy how time flies right? And I'm saying that as nothing but the Aunt. I can't imagine being his mommy and realizing how fast the time goes. Mommy time is probably a lot faster than Auntie time. 

What a blessing he is in all our lives. Seriously so in love. I can't get enough. A very relaxed way to spend my Friday night."

Baby Boy is one of the most loved babies on the planet, no doubt. It is so amazing to see how he has enriched the lives of everyone in my family in the matter of a few days. Berg is so lucky to have such a wonderful baby. She already knows this, of course, but I can't help but say it anyway.

Being an Aunt rules! This is a first I will never ever forget. Way to go, Bergen! We love you and we love Baby Boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment