Thursday, November 28, 2013

An Attitude of Gratitude

Happy Thanksgiving my fine feathered friends! (Ha, Thanksgiving..... turkey..... see what I did there?)

I hope the beginning of your Holiday season is full of love, gratitude, joy, and lots of food.
I am grateful for some many things today. Not just today, but every single day of my life I am poured upon with blessings that I do not even fully recognize. Miracles and tender mercies happen every single day in my life and I am often too busy to recognize them. Because it is Thanksgiving, I am going to list a numerous amount of blessings I have and things that I am thankful for. Here goes something!

1. I am thankful for a warm bed to sleep in and a pillow to rest my head on.

2. I am thankful for a healthy, functional body that allows me to run, jump, dance, sit, and move in all these different ways.

3. I am thankful for music and the ability to sing, listen, and play it. Music enriches my life and it is the soundtrack to which I do anything and everything.

4. I am thankful for my parents. Saying that phrase alone does not even begin to express how much I love and need my parents. They buoy me up when I feel weak and inadequate. They answer all my questions, no matter how stupid they are. I literally would not know what to do with myself if they were not here to guide me in my life decisions. Besides just being my parents, they are my best friends. No matter how old I get, I will always always always need my parents. And I will always love them to pieces. Probably my favorite people ever. Just saying.

5. I am especially grateful for my brothers and brother-in-law because they would kick anybodies trash for me if I asked them to. They are so kind and laugh at me when I'm silly. We constantly quote movie lines and engage in playful banter with each other. I love them. They are fantastic!

6. I love my sister to death! She is my best friend. I know I can talk to her about anything. We laugh, joke, cry, smile, and rock out together. Her strengths are something I look up to because most of the time she is stronger than I am. I have always admired her for that. She enriches my life and I would be content spending all of my time with her.
7. I am thankful for uncontrollable laughter. The kind where you literally cannot stop laughing and your abs hurt so bad from the intensity of it. Laughter is healing. Just like my dad always says, "Life's too short to be too serious." Laughing is one of my favorite things to do.

8. I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My life is happier, peaceful, and more bearable at times because of the lifestyle I try to maintain through the principles of the Gospel. It is because of the Gospel that I am who I am, and it is because of the Gospel that I am able to recognize all these wonderful blessings that come from my loving Heavenly Father. He loves and knows you too. If you ever question that, all you need to do is get on your knees and pray to know of His love for you. He will let you know in His own time. Trust me, I have experienced it for myself. I challenge you to try it sometime. :)

9. I am thankful for exercise. Yup, you read it right. Exercise. I am a huge exercise enthusiast and I know it is important to having a healthy body. A lot of my friends and family think I'm crazy for enjoying it so much, but it really is amazing what our bodies are capable of doing. I am thankful for the ability to strengthen my physical body and to feel good while doing it. Our bodies are amazing! If we only understood all the things they are capable of..... I think we would all do a better job to take care of them because of it. Power to the exercise. Woot woot!

10. Last, but definitely not least, I am thankful for the attitude of gratitude. It is hard sometimes to think of things you are thankful for, especially when everything seems to be going wrong. We are extremely blessed to have what we have. I am thankful for gratitude and how it turns my thoughts to God and the amazing blessings he continues to pour out upon me and my family.

What things are you grateful for? Can you come up with at least 10? 20? 50? Maybe even 100? I know you can!

May you enjoy this wonderful Holiday and the celebrations to come. Holiday in Old English means "Holy day", and it is indeed a Holy Day of Gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Whip out those stretchy pants and enjoy yourself. Pip-cheery oh!





No comments:

Post a Comment