Friday, October 25, 2013

It's A Beautiful Day.....

And I can't stop myself from smiling! (Lyrics from Michael Buble's It's a Beautiful Day)

Hello Wide and Wonderful World!

Today I woke up extremely tired, but confident that today was going to be a good day. This is a very rare and momentous occasion for things to feel so good at 6:30 in the morning. You know when you wake up and realize that even though you have quite a bit to do, you are feeling energized and ready to tackle the tasks of the day? Yup, that was me this morning. I love waking up and feeling like that. A few simple reasons that I knew today was going to be a good day-----

1. I waved my hair this morning and it didn't make me late! That normally takes me a good half hour if I am really taking my time, but today it took me all of 15-ish minutes. I usually feel better when I have a good hair-do. Does anybody else relate to this?

2. I got into my car after defrosting the windows (yes, in Idaho we scrape and defrost like it is December) and realized that I have a full tank of gas. It is such a blessing to see that dial pointed at Full! WOOPEE!!!!

3. Upon coming to campus, I made my way up to my normal parking spot, which is located way way way up the hill from the middle of campus. All the spots in my zone become occupied extremely quick, even if I am fifteen minutes earlier than normal. (Which doesn't happen often..... so for the purposes of this story I arrived at a normal time) On a regular basis I blaze on up the hill to my normal spot, because all of the closer spots are taken, but to my lovely surprise.... THERE WAS A SPOT OPEN NEAR THE BUILDING I WORK IN!!!! What a lovely surprise! I flipped a U and snatched that spot before somebody else would. You can tell it is going to be a wonderful day when you find a decent parking spot. Hot dang!

4. Tonight I am getting together for a family dinner with my little brother. He is visiting from Alaska this week and it may be the only opportunity we have to eat a meal with everybody present. I think we are eating at Winger's. I love family outings. Especially with my family. We are blessed to be large in number! It always makes my day better when there is something to look forward to after the work of the day has been done.

5. Waking up and knowing that it is Friday makes the WORLD of difference. This week has felt like somewhat of an eternity! Weekends mean sleeping in, being with my family, and forgetting about school for a at least a day. I need weekends. God gave us weekends for a reason. I could not get along without them. If you are singing the "It's Friday, Friday" song right now, I hope you have it stuck in your head the rest of the day, because seriously.... IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

These are only a few reasons that today is going to be so great..... but feel free to tell me why YOUR Friday is so great! Happy Friday everybody! It only gets better from here. Yippeee!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had to>>>>>


1 comment: