Sunday, September 15, 2013

Anyone Up For A Poetry Reading???

Hello Folks!

When I was in Junior High I was really into writing poetry. Good poetry and bad poetry, I wrote it all! I was reflecting on my poetry writing days and decided to give it another shot. This is what I came up with. Hope you enjoy it. To all you poetry writers out there..... Poetry is awesome. Hands down.


In The Absence of Darkness

Beyond the reach of a single hand, a future fervently waits

To take hold upon a valiant heart, being lead beyond the gates

A valiant heart indeed must be, the weak too often folly

Victims of the perilous doubt that break the peaceful jolly

So many a flower to bloom unseen, a thick fog of reflection doth loom

Threatening to corrode once sure knowledge that already hath taken its bloom

Though mere mortals we are, we strive for perfection; yet our hearts tend to falter and 
shake us

We can never go far, for we push far away, and our potential often turns to betray us

The valiant of heart, some of the strongest may be, far many a time do belittle

Suppressing the courage lurking under the surface, that surface so idling and brittle

If we outreach our hands and take hold on the light, we may find that our doubt does not follow

But it’s finding that strength to press forth into blindness that the darkness undesirous to wallow

Do not be that flower that blooms in a season where frost and the wind may corrupt

Doubt not and fear not, the fog will subside, leaving room for the light to erupt

The future awaits, do not linger for long, for the darkness can consume all your choices

But in the absence of darkness, there is always the light, and the light rallies forth and rejoices.

   





1 comment: