Thursday, August 8, 2013

The power of the written word...

Hello there jolly people! I have to admit to completely forgetting about my blog since school has let out for the break. I suppose I could find something useful to write about. We'll see. This late at night who knows what will happen.

A certain topic of interest, which I have been terrible at these past few months, is journal writing. I have always been a very committed journal writer. My 8th grade year I was given a journal for Christmas. Although my entries were somewhat vague in detail and much like a boring travel log, I still committed to writing about each and every day. Even if there was nothing much to say, I would write that down for the that day. I wanted to remember everything.

Fifteen journals and several years later, I look back on my journals as something of a treasure. I feel terrible though, because I haven't written hardly anything for this past semester of my life and there were so many wonderful things I need to write down. Have I written about them? No.

Journal writing is a wonderful habit to have. I go back and laugh at how silly I was. Some details conveyed within those pages give you a pretty large glance into the ever confusing, ever crazy, and ever ridiculous mind of yours truly. Half of the things I write make me slap my forehead in pure idiocy towards myself! I'm a goof ball to say the least. I am rather silly sometimes, but who isn't? All in all it makes for some interesting reading. I laugh. I cry. I pitifully scoff at my stupidity. Ya know. It's just how life goes. It's fun overall though.

If you have never written in a journal, I would suggest starting. Believe me, it's a hard habit to get into, but in the end it is worth it. You would not believe how many times I tell myself that I won't forget something, and then when I go back and read it in my journal, I would have completely forgotten it without having written it down. I think we can all attest to that. Am I right? Or am I right?

But honestly, journal writing has enriched my life. Some people would deem blogging as a way of journaling, and in a sense that is true, however there is something different about writing for a giant void, than merely for yourself. To me things are more meaningful and honest when you write in a journal. Don't think that I am trying to snide the blogging world, because blogging is great in and of itself, but keeping a journal holds so much more importance when you do it..... NOT on the internet. Do you follow me?

Anyway....

I thought a little blurb about my love of journal writing could inspire you to write in your own. It is hilarious fun to go back and read about how pathetic or how awesome your life can be. I definitely get a kick out of reading through my journals. I dare you to try it. You might enjoy it.

Keep calm and journal on!!!!!!

 And P.S. I am a firm believer in spelling, grammar, word choice, and sentence flow, but I will admit to hardly ever going back and editing my blogs...... so if I spell something wrong.... just roll with it. Thank you :D

No comments:

Post a Comment