Thursday, June 6, 2013

Favorite quote of the week:
"It's easy to be in love with someone, but can you be in LIFE with someone?"

This last week we have been talking about transitions into marriage and moving from an engaged couple to a newly married couple. I have to say that newly married horror stories are hilarious and I get a kick out of hearing them from my teacher, Brother Williams. Please feel free to tell me of any interesting newly married stories. Since I am currently not married and have no insights to provide, others would be extremely recommended. :) Party on!

 (Please bear with me if you think all I blog about is love and the greatness of hubbies and yadda yadda yadda, just work with me here, okay?) Anyway....

So, one thing I want to emphasize about being newly married, because we all know I have a vast amount of knowledge regarding that (Bah!), is that in order to have a successful marriage, you have to give 100% each. It isn't a 50\50 base effort. I liked that way of looking at it. If you never get anything else from any of my blog posts, just know that marriage and a successful family life is effort based. That is the bulk of what ever little thing that comes out of my mouth advocates. Get it? Got it? Good. :)

According to wedding planners, the average wedding costs $21,000 to $30,000 dollars. Can you image spending that much on a wedding? I honestly would run out of things to spend money on. Shoot! How ridiculous is that?! Very ridiculous, I say. A wedding should be a special celebration of the couple, not a celebration you put on for everybody else. Some people may hate me for saying that, but for real, a wedding should not cost you the value of a new car. You can't put number value to a marriage. A wedding is completely different than a marriage, I do understand that, but good heavens...... 21,000 buckaroos??? AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hee hee, anyway.......

Another cool thing I liked was when Brother Williams said a reception should be seen as a way of receiving a couple into the community. You no longer see them as divided individuals. They have become one, in a sense. A reception should be a way that they throw YOU a party, not the other way around.

I realize my posts are kind of chopppy, but the information we cover is so dense, it's hard to stick to one point of discussion. So, take what you will from the information. I'd love to hear what you have to say about being newly married. Comment away! I am all ears! Have a great weekend! WOOPEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Here's a little song for you, you cute, adorable, intoxicating newly weds. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment