Everyone in this world needs intimacy. I truly believe a happy relationship needs to have intimacy. The issue to find intimacy may be at some of the roots of those struggling with same-gender attraction.
One point I wish to mention that really opened my eyes to a new perspective about judging others comes from the qualities that our Savior, Jesus Christ, has. Jesus Christ has many qualities that young men get made fun of for being gay. That hit me like a ton of bricks. Christ is sensitive, compassionate, relationship oriented, and some wonderful people are judged because of that. One thing I think we all could work on more is giving people the benefit of the doubt. Judging others negatively never has a healthy affect on anybody.
Some of the important principles of family I wish to share, were discussed in our class today.
PURPOSES OF FAMILY-----
PURPOSES OF FAMILY-----
Laboratory for Learning
Socialization
Having the perspective of God--- he went through the same thing we did before becoming God, so naturally he would want us to have a family just like Him.
Preparation for eternity
Bring children into the world
Teach them and mold them into righteousness so they can teach their children and so on into future generations.
Another great principle he discussed was the different roles and tendencies of men and women in family relationships. Marty, this kid in my class made a great statement that I wish to conclude my post with today. He said,
"Men and Women are different in the BEST ways." Isn't that an awesome statement? I love it! We can be equal, but to me that doesn't mean doing the exact same things. Being equal means having the same opportunities, not being exactly the same. Having a man and woman together helps us have balance. Balance is important in a relationship.
I know my post has been super choppy, but it was hard to focus on merely one point we talked about this week. Family is so complex, but beneath that complexity is an eternal unit that our Heavenly Father has given to us to gain eternal life, and to help us be happy. I am so thankful! Have a great Memorial Day weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment