There were never such devoted sisters.
I have to tell you that my sister is one of my favorite people ever. She is my best friend. One thing I love about family is that you automatically have the best friend support system you can ask for. My sister and I have so much in common, but in some ways we are completely opposite. I think that is part of what makes us so close. We laugh and joke about the craziest things! With a culmination of inside jokes and continuous streams of laughter-- that about sums up our relationship. I love my sister, and I wanted to take this opportunity to make a shout out to her. Love you, sis! You are the best.
Today in my Family Relations class a point was brought up that really struck me. We discussed how actions and choices are a reflection on how children have been raised by their parents. It made me reflect on the things I do that are an indication of the parenting style both my parents have used in raising me.
Although some days they may think otherwise, I am a walking, talking indication that they have done quite well at raising kids. Is it prideful to think that? If that is how I sound, I merely mean to give credit where credit is deserved. I can honestly say that the way they have raised me is the same way I want to raise my children.
The average parent is aware of what they INTEND to teach their children, but rarely do they ever hear it spoken, or even sometimes see it. I hope my actions and choices are a reflection of what they have taught me. I try to do what I am supposed to. They have taught me by example, and I want to take this opportunity to make a shout out to them as well. You are the best example of what is good and successful in this world. Thank you for giving me life and teaching me how to be an example to others. I have a long ways to go before I measure up to your pure awesomeness, :) but always know that I never take what you say for granted and I always try to make you proud.
Never lose an opportunity to give a shout out to your awesome parents. They sacrifice more for you than you realize, I am sure.
Mom and Dad, you are the best. I love you. Thank you for everything you have taught me and will teach me in the future. Let's hope I have half as much wisdom to pass to my kids as you have passed on to me. Power to the PARENTS!
No comments:
Post a Comment